The following information I got from The Rugrats Movie Website ((c) 1998 by Viacom).
The contest closed on 10/5/98. However, for those who are curious, here's what it was about:
You saw it on TV, now here's more information about the Rugrats Movie
Nickelodeon knows you've been gasping, giggling, and goofing off with the Rugrats right from the start, haven't you? And you've sat through every messy moment, every silly scheme, every Reptar roar, and even the big deal about Dil, so if anyone deserves to be part of their biggest adventure ever, it should be YOU, right?
Well, we certainly think so!!! That's why we're giving you a chance to be at The Rugrats Movie Premiere in Hollywood!
Four lucky grand prize winners will recieve a family trip for four including round-trip airfare to Hollywood, hotel accomodations... a limo to and from the Premiere at Mann's Chinese Theatre, tickets to the VIP (that's you!) party... and $1000 in spending money! Plus 1,000 First Prize winners will get a Rugrats Movie Adventure hat! Don't miss your chance to be one of the first kids in the world to see the Rugrats Movie! From the place where only kids win--Nickelodeon (duh!).
To enter yourself for a chance to win, just place on a 3½" X 5" postcard your name, address, city, state, zip code, daytime phone number, age and send it to:
Rugrats Movie Premiere Sweepstakes
PO Box 4933
Orlando, FL 32802
All entries must be received at the above address by October 5,
There is no online entry.
If you are a winner you will be contacted by phone.
You must be 5-15 years old to enter this contest.
Be sure to check with your parents before entering.
1998 RUGRATS MOVIE PREMIERE SWEEPSTAKES
OFFICIAL ONLINE RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. NO ONLINE ENTRIES ACCEPTED.
2. TO ENTER: Get your parent's permission, and then place on a 3½" X 5" postcard your name, address, city, state, zip code, daytime phone number, age and send it to:
Rugrats Movie Premiere Sweepstakes
P.O. Box 4933
Orlando, FL 32802
Enter as often as you wish, but each entry must be hand-printed and mailed separately. Incomplete entries are void. Entries that are illegible, incomplete, printed by machine or otherwise mechanically reproduced will not be accepted. Entrants must be 5 to 15 years of age as of September 27, 1998.
All entries must be received at the above address by October 5, 1998. Overnight mail will not be accepted. Winners will be selected in a random drawing on or about on or about October 7, 1998 by an independent judging organization from among all entries. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of entries received. Limit one prize per household/individual.
3. Sweepstakes commences on September 21, 1998 and ends on September 27, 1998.
4. MTV Networks ("MTVN") is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry of entry information, including but not limited to technical malfunctions, human error, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof, or entry materials that have been tampered with. Entries that have been tampered with or altered are void.
Sweepstakes sponsors are not responsible for entries that may be lost, delayed, mutilated or misdirected or for typographical errors in the entry forms or rules. By entering, entrants acknowledge compliance with these official rules including all eligibility requirements. Sponsors are not responsible for technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission which may limit a user's ability to participate in the Sweepstakes. If for any reason the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of MTVN, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, MTVN reserves the right at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the online portion of the Sweepstakes. MTVN is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on America Online, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. The use of any automated devices in connection with this Sweepstakes is prohibited.
5. The concept of the Sweepstakes and prizes are as follows: Grand Prize Winners (4) will be awarded a trip package for four (4) persons including the Grand Prize Winner and three guests (one of whom must be a parent or legal guardian) consisting of a 4 day/3 night trip to Los Angeles to the premier of The Rugrats Movie. Trip package includes round trip coach airfare for four from the airport nearest Grand Prize Winner's residence to a Los Angeles area airport (total estimated retail value $2,400.00); Standard hotel accommodations of MTV Networks' choice consisting of one room for 3 nights (total estimated retail value $700.00); limousine service to/from movie premiere event (estimated retail value: $600.00); $1,000.00 spending money; and admission for four persons to The Rugrats Movie premiere event and post party (promotional value). Total estimated retail value of one Grand Prize is $4,700.00. Total estimated retail value of all Grand Prizes is $18,800.00 The actual Grand Prize value will be determined by the cost of airline transportation, hotel accommodations and limousine usage. Note: The Rugrats Movie premiere location is scheduled for Los Angeles on November 8th, 1998. The Rugrats Movie premiere event location and date is subject to change. If upon notification Grand Prize Winner cannot attend the event, winner must forfeit the Grand Prize.
First Prize Winners (1,000): A Rugrats Movie Hat. Total estimated retail value of one First Prize: $15.00. Total estimated retail value of all First Prizes: $15,000.00.
Grand Prize Winners will be notified by phone within twenty four (24) hours of selection. All other prize winners will be notified by mail within ten (10) days of selection.
6. Arrangements for prize fulfillment to be made by MTVN in its sole discretion on or before October 15, 1998.
7. All prizes are non-transferable and have no cash value. Substitution of prizes by winners is prohibited. MTVN reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute any prize with a prize of comparable value. All winners are solely responsible for all insurance, registration and applicable federal, state and local taxes. In the event any winner chooses not to accept his/her prize, or is unable to be notified, an alternate winner will be randomly selected from all of the remaining entries. All winners are solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes.
8. By participating in this sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges and MTVN which are final in all matters relating to this sweepstakes.
9. Sweepstakes open to residents of the United States who are between 5 and 15 years of age as of September 27, 1998. Sweepstakes not open to employees and their immediate families or household members of MTV Networks, Viacom International Inc., Paramount Pictures Corporation, their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, licensees, advertising and promotional agencies, the independent judging organization, printing agents and any other sponsors. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All entries become the property of MTVN and will not be returned. Winners must prove eligibility. Noncompliance will result in disqualification of winners and an alternate winner will be selected. In addition, winners and parent or legal guardian of winners must sign and return (within 5 business days) all legal documents that MTVN may require (including W-9) and an affidavit (i) releasing MTVN, their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, licensees, advertising and promotional agencies, the independent judging organization, printing agents and any other sponsors from any and all liability, claims, demands and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, or loss suffered in connection with this Sweepstakes or the use or acceptance of the prizes or any portion thereof to be eligible for the prizes; and (ii) where permitted by law, granting MTVN the right to use his or her name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation. All travelers must sign a travel release prior to ticketing. Entry into Sweepstakes constitutes the winners' agreement to sign such releases.
10. For a list of the winners and/or copies of these official rules, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to:
1515 Broadway- 39th floor
New York, NY 10036
Attn: Rugrats Movie Premiere Sweepstakes
All requests must be received by October 14, 1998.
|Back To "The Rugrats Movie"||Back To Main "Rugrats" Page|